Yalata Anangu Aboriginal Corporation (Yalata) offers accommodation and recreational activities on Yalata Lands for visitors via a booking and payment process. Consequently, personal information is collected and recorded by Yalata when people make a booking or enquiry.
Yalata has adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) to govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is referring to Yalata Anangu Aboriginal Corporation (Yalata) and, where the context so permits, its associated entities
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means any person who accesses Yalata Lands or makes a booking, including any family, children, friends or other people visiting at your invitation.
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Personal information we collect includes:
- Names and contact details (e.g. address, email, phone, driver’s licence and vehicle registration)
- Records of your communications and interactions with us, such as details of your previous dealings with us
- Payment and transaction details/history
- Financial information (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services or personal credit information when you make payments to us)
- Details regarding participation at Yalata (e.g. accommodation or activities)
- Details/history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our services
- Your computer IP address when visiting our website.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing.
We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Personal information will primarily be obtained through your booking via our website, www.yalata.com.au. We may, in some circumstances, collect details from other sources, such as:
- Provided by you through email, correspondence, telephone or facsimile
- Web activity
- Media, publications or other publicly available sources
- Third parties.
We do not store any payment details, such as credit card information, as payments are made through eWAY which provides an encrypted data secure process.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is, or will be, stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
Banking details and data, such as credit card information is secured through encrypted eWAY payment process.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing. In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent, or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Information About Other people
We collect information relating to your web activity when you access and browse our website. In particular, we may collect information using cookies, and similar technologies, designed to provide information to help us improve the use of our website and to better tailor the content we provide.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website.
Cookies we use in the Yalata website fall into the following two categories:
- Essential cookies, which are cookies originated from our website
- Non-essential cookies:
- Session cookies, which are automatically deleted at the end of each browsing session, typically when the web browser is closed
- Persistent cookies, which remain until the expiry date and time set by the web server. They can be manually deleted by you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Yalata Anangu Aboriginal Corporation, PMB 31 CEDUNA SA 5690